Risk Management and Non-Energy Benefits
Research and deployment focused on the intersection of energy-efficient and renewable energy technologies with non-energy issues such as risk management and disaster preparedness.
- Quality assurance and non-energy benefits through commercial buildings commisisoning
Consumer non-energy benefit information — Content provided via a web-based energy home improvement tool.
- Insurance, Risk Management, and Energy Efficiency — Efficient and renewable energy technologies as risk management tools
- Lighting Quality and Efficiency — Cross-cutting assessments of lighting energy issues with an international perspective on technologies, markets, and non-energy aspects
- Energy Use in High-Tech Facilities — Providing the knowledge and tools for increasing the energy efficiency and performance of new and existing laboratories, cleanrooms, and data centers
- Advanced Data Visualization — Improving diagnostics, operator feedback, and performance optimization in buildings [PDF]
- Improving Federal Aviation Administration Facilities — Helping FAA meet federal directives for energy savings while improving worker comfort and productivity in their very specialized facilities such as air traffic control towers
- Reducing Taxes through Federal Energy Management — U.S.Taxpayers shell out $8 billion a year to pay for government energy costs
- Amplifying real estate values through energy efficiency [PDF]