Lighting Markets & Energy Efficiency
Technology; market assessment and transformation; codes, standards & guidelines; developing countries & economies in transition; government R&D and leadership by example; software & web sites.
- Alternatives to Fuel-based Lighting in the Developing World
- Technology: Energy-efficient lighting technologies; emerging issues (e.g. halogen torchiere and dedicated CFL fixtures); O&M considerations; waste-management (mercury) issues.
- Market Assessment and Transformation: Data collection and assessment of global lighting energy demand and savings potential; lighting program evaluation; demonstration projects; non-price factors; internet-based lighting initiatives.
- Codes, Standards & Guidelines: Cross-country and longitudinal comparisons of illuminance recommendations; assessments of efficiency standards for lighting.
- Developing Countries & Economies in Transition: National energy use for lighting; country-specific case studies, the problem of kerosene and other forms of fuel-based lighting; efficient lighting in government facilities.
- Government R&D and Leadership by Example: Government policies; role of R&D in bringing new technologies to market.
- Software & Web Sites: Tools and web directory of efficient lighting sites.
- International Association for Energy-Efficient Lighting (IAEEL): Archived issues of IAEEL's quarterly news magazine describing developments in the area of energy-efficient lighting around the globe. IAEEL also organizes the biannual "Right Light" conferences, and publishes Lighting Crossroads (a web-based index of efficient lighting resources available on the Internet).